Pixel 7 vs. iPhone 15: Here is what you should know about how the Google’s Phone already outpaces Apple in These 5 Key Features
Apple’s recent release of the iPhone 15 series has generated much excitement, but it seems that some of the features they’re touting as groundbreaking have already been available on Google’s Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. In this article, we’ll explore five features that the Pixel series introduced before the iPhone 15, highlighting Google’s innovative approach to smartphone technology.
Table of Contents
1. Voice Isolation for Better Phone Calls
One of the standout features of the iPhone 15 is its advanced machine-learning model that promises crisper and clearer phone calls. Apple’s Deniz Teoman highlighted how AI technology filters out unwanted background noise to isolate the user’s voice. However, Google had already introduced a similar feature called “Clear Calling” during their 2022 Made for Google event, which unveiled the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. Clear Calling suppresses background noises such as wind and traffic, resulting in enhanced voice quality during phone calls.
2. Depth Control in Images
The iPhone 15 boasts a new depth control feature that allows users to add a bokeh effect to their photos, blurring the background and emphasizing the subject. Surprisingly, this feature isn’t entirely new. Google’s Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro already offered depth control through their Unblur editing tool. Users could selectively blur or focus on specific subjects in their photos, giving them greater control over the depth of field.
3. 8GB of RAM
RAM plays a crucial role in a smartphone’s performance, allowing for smooth multitasking and app switching. While Apple has been tight-lipped about the amount of RAM in their iPhones, reports suggest that the iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max models finally upgraded to 8GB of RAM. However, Google’s Pixel 7 series already packed 8GB of RAM in the standard model and a whopping 12GB in the Pro version. This generous RAM allocation ensures seamless performance, even when juggling multiple resource-intensive apps.
4. Voice Memo Transcription
Apple announced a new feature in iOS 17 that transcribes audio messages, making it easier for users to read voice memos instead of listening to them. Interestingly, Google had already introduced a similar feature for the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro back in October. With audio message transcription, Pixel users could stay updated without the need for audio playback, making it convenient for situations where listening might be challenging or distracting.
5. USB-C Connectivity
After years of sticking with their proprietary Lightning port, Apple finally embraced USB-C with the iPhone 15. However, Google’s Pixel series has been equipped with USB-C since its inception in 2016. USB-C offers faster data transfer speeds, improved charging capabilities, and compatibility with a wide range of accessories. While Apple’s adoption of USB-C is a welcome move, it’s worth noting that Google was ahead of the curve in this regard.
While the iPhone 15 series undoubtedly brings exciting new features to the table, it’s important to recognize that some of these features were already available in Google’s Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro. From voice isolation and depth control in images to ample RAM, voice memo transcription, and USB-C connectivity, Google’s Pixel series showcased these innovations before Apple. As the smartphone market continues to evolve, it will be fascinating to see how both companies push the boundaries of technology to deliver even more impressive devices.
Buy Pixel 7 (AUD $449) from the Amazon link below:
1. What is a smartphone?
- A smartphone is a portable electronic device that combines the functionality of a mobile phone with features like internet access, computing power, a camera, and various applications (apps) for various tasks.
2. What is the difference between iOS and Android?
- iOS and Android are two different operating systems used in smartphones. iOS is developed by Apple exclusively for iPhones, while Android is an open-source OS used by various manufacturers. The main differences include user interface, app ecosystem, and device availability.
3. What are the standout features of the iPhone 15?
- The iPhone 15 series boasts features like advanced voice isolation for phone calls, depth control in images, increased RAM capacity, voice memo transcription, and the adoption of USB-C connectivity.
4. When was the Google Pixel 7 series released?
- The Google Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro were unveiled during the Made for Google event in 2022.
5. How does voice isolation technology work in smartphones?
- Voice isolation uses artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to filter out background noise during phone calls, ensuring that the user’s voice comes through clearly.
6. What is depth control in smartphone photography?
- Depth control allows users to adjust the depth of field in photos, typically by blurring or focusing on specific subjects. It helps create professional-looking images with a shallow depth of field or background blur.
7. Why is RAM important in smartphones?
- RAM (Random Access Memory) in smartphones is crucial for smooth multitasking, faster app loading, and overall device performance. It enables the device to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
8. How does voice memo transcription work in smartphones?
- Voice memo transcription uses speech recognition technology to convert audio messages and voice recordings into written text, making it easier to read and understand.
9. What are the benefits of USB-C connectivity in smartphones?
- USB-C offers faster data transfer speeds, improved charging capabilities, and compatibility with a wide range of accessories. It provides a more versatile and convenient connection option for smartphones.
10. Are there other notable features in the Google Pixel 7 series?
- Yes, aside from the mentioned features, the Google Pixel 7 series also includes other innovations such as camera enhancements, software updates, and Google’s ecosystem integration.